1. Agreement to terms
Welcome to StopLookGo Privacy (the Service), hosted and operated by Richard Best Law (we, our, us). By viewing and using the Service, you will be deemed to agree to these terms. If you are using the Service on behalf of a business, government agency or other legal entity (each a Business), you are accepting these Terms on behalf of that Business and you represent and warrant to us that you are authorised to do so.
2. Registration obligations and access credentials
You are required to register with our Service (thereby obtaining a logon comprising a username and password) and pay any applicable membership fees before being able to enjoy certain of its features. Your registration details must be accurate. Fictitious entries are not permitted.
You are responsible for selecting a secret and strong password and for maintaining the security of your username and password. You must change your password immediately, and notify us, if:
- you believe the secrecy of your password has been compromised, or
- you become aware of any unauthorised use of your username or password.
We may suspend or disable your logon if:
- we consider it necessary to protect the security of our Service or any person
- your logon is being misused or has otherwise been compromised, or
You agree that we are entitled to rely on the authenticity and authority of your username and password to process actions or requests you submit to this website and that we may do so without further enquiry.
Unless otherwise indicated, copyright in all material on and produced by the Service (including all assessments, statements and documents) is owned by Richard Best Law or its licensors. Subject to the licence to use Purchased Documents set out below, all rights in all such material are reserved.
Licence to Custom Documents
- have paid the applicable membership fees (if any) for the ability to undertake an assessment or to build a statement or other document with our Service (each a Custom Document)
- do not use the Custom Document for any of the Prohibited Uses, and
- otherwise comply with these terms,
you are granted a non-exclusive, perpetual and non-transferable licence to:
- download, copy, amend, transmit and print the Custom Document for the purposes of the particular single transaction or matter for which it was created
- where relevant, share the Custom Document or an amended version of it with a counterparty to a specific transaction for which it was created and for the limited purposes of negotiating and/or concluding that transaction
- save the Custom Document on your computer or in your network for, and make hard copies of the Custom Document for, record-keeping purposes
- if the Custom Document is a privacy statement or other document intended for online publication, publish it to the specific website for which it was created, and
- if the Custom Document is a privacy statement or other document that needs to be published to your organisation’s intranet or document management system for access by staff, publish the Custom Document to that intranet or document management system.
Licence to InfoProvisions summaries of specific statutory provisions
The InfoProvisions summaries of specific statutory provisions are or will be made available in online HTML form and as downloadable PDFs (for certain agencies and subject areas).
- have paid the applicable membership fees (if any) for the ability to access the InfoProvisions tool;
- do not use the InfoProvisions summaries or PDFs for any of the Prohibited Uses, and
- otherwise comply with these terms,
you are granted a non-exclusive, perpetual and non-transferable licence:
- to copy and reproduce particular HTML summaries that are relevant to an assessment you are undertaking, a privacy impact assessment you are working on, or for the training of your staff relating to your own agency or a client agency, but you are not permitted to copy all or a substantial part of the InfoProvisions collection without our prior written consent (if in doubt, please contact us); and
- to download, store and distribute each PDF InfoProvisions volume for your internal business purposes and within your own organisation, but you are not permitted to distribute them beyond your organisation.
5. Prohibited Uses
The Prohibited Uses referred to in clause 4 are:
- the use of any Custom Document or InfoProvisions summaries or PDFs to compete online with the online business of StopLookGo Privacy
- the sale, licensing, sub-licensing or other distribution or publication of any Custom Document or InfoProvisions summaries or PDFs, whether online or otherwise, not expressly permitted by these terms.
6. Additional licensing rights
If the licence in clause 4 above does not cater for your needs and you would like to speak to someone about obtaining a broader licence, please contact us via our contact form. We’re sure we’ll be able to work something out.
7. Use of third party material in your assessments or other documents
If, when making an assessment or building a statement or other document with us, you enter material in which copyright or other intellectual property is owned by a third party, you warrant that you have the right to reproduce that material by submitting it to us and that we may include it in the relevant output. You also warrant that your entry of information will not infringe the Privacy Act’s information privacy principles. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage or expense (including all legal fees on a solicitor-client basis) arising out of a breach of either of these warranties. If you are using our Service on behalf of a department or departmental agency of the Crown (the New Zealand Government), the indemnity in this clause does not apply.
8. Unacceptable use
You must not post or transmit to or from our Service any material that is illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy or otherwise injurious or objectionable.
You agree we will not be liable to you for any claim, loss, demand, damages or costs of any kind (including for negligence) arising out of or in connection with your use of our Service, its outputs, or content included on our website or on any website to which it links.
11. No legal advice
In using the Service (including undertaking any assessment or building any document), you acknowledge and accept that we are not providing you with legal advice and that no solicitor-client relationship is formed through either your use of the Service or your raising questions with us or providing feedback to us, unless we expressly agree to accept instructions and provide legal advice to you tailored to your specific circumstances. We provide no warranty or representation that a given assessment, statement or document produced by the Service is necessarily suitable for your individual circumstances. If you require legal advice tailored to your individual circumstances, particularly if you think those circumstances are unusual, you should seek legal advice, whether from Richard Best Law or another legal services provider.
If you register to use particular services for which fees are payable, you will be shown the applicable fees and be required to pay them as a condition of becoming a member. Monthly fees are payable in advance and, unless stated otherwise, the fees stated on this site are inclusive of 15% goods and services tax. Refunds are governed by our Refund Policy. If you seek a refund, you will be bound by the terms of that policy.
We reserve the right to change our fees for one or more membership levels at any time. If we decide to change our fees, we will notify you in advance to provide you with an opportunity to cancel your membership in advance of the change. Notification will be made by email, using the email address provided upon registration.
By purchasing, renewing or upgrading a membership to use our Service, you authorise us to charge you the applicable monthly membership fees, until you cancel your membership. You can cancel your membership at any time through your account page (you need to be logged in to access it).
- such provision will continue to apply, to the maximum extent permitted by law, to other persons or circumstances not affected by the invalidity, illegality or unenforceability
- the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision will be deemed to be amended to reflect the original intention (as determined from this website) as nearly as possible in accordance with applicable law in respect of those persons or circumstances giving rise to the invalidity, illegality or unenforceability, and